MEASURING YOUR WINDOW
Measuring the window width
- Determine if your rod will be mounted on the trim or the wall next to the trim.
- Measure the distance to the other side of the window where the rod will end.
- Add 4" to the total to allow for a 2" return on each side.
THIS IS YOUR WINDOW WIDTH
If you are measuring for Tailored Valances, multiply your width times 2. Tailored valances look best when they are 2 times the width of your window.
For example: If your width is 32" - the total width would be 68". Our tailored valances are 52" wide, so one valance will give you adequate fullness when mounted.
If your width is 48" - the total width would be 100". You would need two valances for adequate fullness when mounted.
Measuring the window length
- Measure from the top of the rod to where the curtain should fall.
- Add the size of the header. Most headers are 1" to 3" and are above the rod pocket.
- If the curtain is going to the floor, and you want to "puddle", add 8".
THIS IS THE TOTAL LENGTH YOUR CURTAIN SHOULD BE
Mounting Instructions for Swags and Jabots
They can be mounted with the jabots over the swag, or the swag over the jabots.
You will need a simple 1" double rod for hanging, or they can be stapled to a board in the traditional way. To install for swag over jabot, mount the swag (middle) on the rear rod and the jabots on the front rod, then flip the swag over the front rod. To mount for jabots over the swag, mount the jabots on the rear rod and the swag on the front rod, then flip the jabots over the swag. Steaming your treatment after installation is highly recommended to achieve the desired look.